Teams are invited for the inaugural North East Chess League (2019-20)
Rd 1: Sunday, October 13, 2019
Rd 2: Sunday, November 10, 2019
Rd 3: Sunday, November 24, 2019
Rd 4: Sunday, January 19, 2020
Rd 5: Sunday, February 16, 2020
6 teams of 5 players each. Five rounds, all-play-all. Games will be FIDE-rated.
Matches start 2:30pm. Time control: All moves in 90 minutes, plus 30 seconds per move
Teams will receive a total of bonus game point per match if they include a) at least 1 junior player under 18 years old; and separately b) at least one male and one female player. (0.5 bonus points for each)
The winning team will be awarded a trophy and receive medals, and there will be medals for the best individual performances. Individual Entry fee: Free for Gold/Platinum ECF members. Team entry fee: £20.
Possible League Teams (2 per county)
(Teams can unite players from various clubs)
- Newcastle/Gosforth/Morpeth/Jesmond/Tynemouth (Northumberland)
- Forest Hall (Northumberland)
- South Shields/Leam Lane (Co. Durham)
- Durham City/Durham University (Co. Durham)
- TBA (Cleveland)
- TBA (Cleveland)
Proposed Venues (to be confirmed):
- Forest Hall Ex-Servicemen’s Institute, Crescent Way North, Newcastle upon Tyne NE12 9AR
- Darlington Cockerton Band & Musical Institute Club, Woodlands Road, Cockerton, Darlington DL3 9AB
- Middlesbrough/Teesside (to be arranged)
- Gosforth Empire Club & Institute, 32-34 Salters Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1DX
- Durham (to be arranged)
- South Shields/Leam Lane (to be arranged)
If there are 6 venues offered (one for each team), the 5 home venues will be chosen by the public drawing of lots by July 1. It is assumed that teams will host the League free of charge, and make available tea, coffee and light refreshments.
Potential teams should contact firstname.lastname@example.org by June 25 if they would like to enter, and if they can host a round of the League.